Saturday, June 27, 2009

A visit to DAKC

People who know me well, know that I idolize Dhirubhai Ambani as a businessman. In fact, it wouldn't be wrong to say that I worship him! Whenever I read or think about him, I always get an inspiration to become an entrepreneur - after all, I am also a 'Gujju Vaniya' like him.

When my boss gave me an opportunity to go to Reliance Infrastructure for some technical consulting required by Reliance, I jumped at the offer. I was really excited to go and work there for a week. My excitement could be compared to that of a small kid's who is taken to a 10 storey candy store and is asked to buy whatever he wants to.

I worked at a couple of Reliance offices meeting the technical managers at each office location. However, my most memorable visit was to Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge Center (DAKC) in Navi Mumbai. It has a sprawling campus of 140 acres with aesthetic glass buildings, fountains, sprinklers, lush greenery, colorful cafeterias, lots of other amenities and golf cabs to take you from one place to another.

The day I visited DAKC, there were light showers - no heavy rains, no drizzles - just perfect! The tranquility, greenery, rains and colors of nature around took me to a completely different world contrasted from the hot, humid, noisy, polluted Mumbai suburbs.

I have tried to capture some pics of the campus on my mobile with a 2 MP camera and 5x zoom. Because of a not so 'well endowed' camera, the pics haven't come out that great.. but still they are worth a dekko.


View from the Gate 1 Entrance.


The golf cabs waiting to drive you around the 140 acres campus.


A walk way to one of the blocks


View1 of the main building of Gate 1. The building bears Dhirubhai's famous motto - 'Think big, think fast, think ahead. Ideas are no one's monopoly'.


View 2 of the main building of Gate 1.


All roads in the campus are flanked by trees on both sides. The rains make the campus look even more beautiful.


One of the blocks in the campus. I guess this is the cafeteria.


A random cross road in the campus.


View from one of the windows in a meeting room. It was hard to concentrate while giving the presentation. The view outside was just breathtaking!


The whole campus has inspirational thoughts from Dhirubhai hosted on sign boards or light posts.

Ending with one of Dhirubhai's quotes:
"Growth has no limit. I keep revising my vision. Only when you dream it you can do it."

3 comments:

Vinita Apte said...

really inspiring :) must be a fantastic experience.

SID said...

dude i have seen tht campus....nice one......its in mahapay......nice blog.

TheBarrenMind said...

As always nice writeup...enjoy reading ur blogs....