Thursday, April 01, 2010

'Maid'en Resume

One of my friends who's doing his MS at Georgia Tech Univ, USA, shared a hilarious episode about an Indian student in his university looking for a domestic help. This is what the student posted on the Indians' mailing group:
---
Hey all,
i recently moved into atlanta... i am having a really hard time managing my household chores and juggling them with the ridiculously high course load.... i would appreciate it if someone (preferably a girl) could help me out with cooking, cleaning and few other chores. I am offering $12 per hour for the above help (for approximately 15 hours a week). For those who don't find the above offer lucrative can kindly consider the following situation,
Unless the girl has a TA/RA, normally a girl earns around $6-9 working part time on campus. This is an offer you wouldn't like to refuse. Serious applicants may send their resume to the above address within a week (mid sems coming up..!!:-))

Thanking you,
myself (xxx)
---

As expected, in response to his mailer, people humiliated him. Some people sent out resumes like the one below. Girls almost came out of the screen and bashed him.
---
OBJECTIVE:
To secure a challenging and motivating work opportunity in domestic services and other household chores.... See More

SKILLS:
Technologies: Microwave Oven, Gas Oven, Gas Stove, Electric Stove, Toaster, Mixer, Rice Cooker and Refrigerator
Platforms: Granite, Marble and Formaica (I generally use a chopping (board)
Tools: Knives, Spoons, Forks, Pans, 'Kadai', etc.

PROJECTS:

1. Chhole
-Canned Publix Garbanzo beans, diced tomatoes, onions (chopped),
Badshah chhole Masala, other ingredients as per taste
-Employed self made recipe on uncountable occassions and beta tested
the results on sample set of varying sex, background, nationality and
ages

2. Dal
-Capable of preparing moong, tuwar, black and also the Maharaj Special
Dal Palak, Dal Mutter

3. Rice
-Biryani, Pulao, Plain and Jeera
-Prepared using rice cooker, gas stove and electric stove
- If employed, will be able to carry my own rice cooker to work
---

One of the best resumes I've read!

3 comments:

Vinita Apte said...

well he deserved it cause of his special mention of 'girl'. What a loser I must say.

Hilarious post Mihir :) good to see u back to blogging.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

gshailu said...

This is hiallarious....